Friday, October 3, 2014

Art Quote Time!

So I felt it was time for another art quote. I'm sitting outside enjoying the final days of summer weather and contemplating what is predicted to be another rough winter.  I love the seasons, I have to admit, but last winter was tough and I'm not sure I'm up for another like that one.  I guess harsh winters make for lots of opportunity to produce art, doesn't it!
As I was contemplating this whole thought I found this quote at mandogtruck.com.  

I love the story of the little prince and the artwork.  



This quote felt apropos for me right now, because I am working on developing a fox
character and this quote was said by the fox to the Little Prince.  Here is the context:

In the Little Prince by St. Exupery, the little prince meets a fox and tells him about a flower on his planet that he cared about but was demanding and irritating as well.  The little prince then saw a field full of identical looking flowers and was dismayed.  "I thought my flower was unique in all the universe" he told the fox.  The fox then helped the little prince to see that his love for his flower made his flower unique to him. The fox then told the little prince his very simple secret: "it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye."  


What I see with my heart is that I love illustration, especially picture book illustration.  Even though there are so many talented illustrators out there who might look just like me, I am still unique in the universe and someone will find my artistic voice essential:)  I have to just keep pushing myself! 




No comments:

Post a Comment