Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Circus Circus!

Don't you love the circus!  All the excitement, all the action.  This past week, I had to create a 5 pane story about the circus.  It could be whatever I wanted it just had to do with the circus.  I decided to do a little story about a juggler and a monkey.  I call it The Show Stealer!

First I had to do a quick thumbnail pencil drawing of the 5 scenes.  So here they are.




The I had to chose two of the panes and refine the drawings, making a value pattern study and a color study of each.  I used circus photo references to help me get the values and color drama of a circus.



Don't you love the monkey?!  I had to use a stuffed animal monkey and then take pictures with the photo booth app on my computer to get the stretched effect of a reflection in the apple skin.  He makes me smile so I know I got him right:)



And then after all of that I painted a final illustration.  I only had to do one illustration for this project but it was so much fun I think I'll do the others as well!  It's just a matter of finding the time:)  Enjoy the final illustration and let me know what you think of the whole story.  Leave me a comment:)


No comments:

Post a Comment