Friday, October 31, 2014

The Swing Cover Art

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I'm so excited about getting the kids ready for trick-or-treating tonight!  I also thought it would be a great day to give you more good news about my book launch!  I received the initial proof of the book and it looks great!  I wish I could share it with you because it is so fun!  But because it hasn't launched yet I have to wait.....it's so hard to wait.  I feel like a kid at Christmas.  But my publisher said I can share the cover with you so I attached it below!  Doesn't it look wonderful!  The book designer did such a great job with the font and treatment of the title and the author/illustrator.   She also did a fabulous job with the whole book especially the treatment of the text, which I why I can't wait for you to see it:)



I have also been busy pulling together promotional materials for the launch of the book.   I have created post card invites which went out to my database, plus additional post cards that I can hand out to people I work with and who I know from my art society.  I have also created new business cards and fun little stickers of my art for the kids to play with at the launch.  I used moo.com which I highly recommend!  Their quality is wonderful and the delivery was quick.  Here you can see some of the printed materials I have had made so far.  




So now we are just waiting for the final digital proof of the book and then it will be printed and ready for the launch on November 16th!  I hope you can make it out for the launch, but if you can't I will be putting the book on my website with a link to the publishers e-commerce site so you can order it if you like:)  

Let me know what you were for Halloween, (I'm going to be Jack Skeleton) and what you think of the book launch materials:)


No comments:

Post a Comment