Monday, October 10, 2016

Browsing through an old sketchbook.....



Sometimes I like to pick up an old sketchbook of mine to look through it to see what I was doing at the time.  I did that the other day and ran across these old sketches from my trip to France in 2007.  It was a fantastic trip and what made it so great was the people I was with.  There were 8 of us on the trip and we were all artists or aspiring artists.  As artists many of us were "young" and experimenting and we had no fear.  Just to put paint on the canvas or ink on the page was reward enough for us.  We ate wonderful food, looked at beautiful country, and made art.  I wish it could be like that every day...







The drawings are rough, and perspectives are off, but the memories they invoke are priceless.  And it's fun to remember making each line and wondering if I would ever truly become an artist.  Looking at these drawings years later I realize it's not a process or technique that makes you an artist, but a journey of thousands of marks.      

No comments:

Post a Comment