Monday, October 28, 2013

Illustration Friday!!! Creature

This week's topic for Illustration Friday is creature.   My first interpretation for creature was monster.  Since I LOVE Halloween….it's one of my favorite holidays, I have done monsters before.  Some are actual monsters and some are children dressed as monsters.

Now let me give you a bit of history with me and monsters.  About 2 years ago I discovered a wonderful illustrative treasure called Sketchtravel.  It has illustrations from over 70 artists from the world over.  It is a great book and truly an inspiration to me.  And the proceeds went to a good cause!  If you get a chance pick it up!

In Sketchtravel I discovered an artist whose work I fell in love with….Michael Knapp.  As I pursued his web site, which can be found at www.michaelknapp.com , I found the greatest illustration of a monster that he had done.   This little monster inspired me to do one of my own.  I used several references to develop my monster monster including a cupcake recipe, my kids imaginations and my dog's tongue to create my "creature".  Hope you like him!


No comments:

Post a Comment