Monday, September 30, 2013

Illustration Friday!!!!!

I love social media!  I used to think that I didn't love it because it was so new and time consuming and I couldn't make sense of it:)  But after some research and many interviews with people who are using it I find that I love it.  One of the things I love is discussion forums.  I found many relevant discussion forums on Linked-In and the one I have been dabbling in most recently is "Children's Books".  On "Children's Book" discussion forum I heard about "Illustration Friday"  a great website for creative people like me and I bet you too!    In their own words...."Illustration Friday is a weekly drawing challenge and participatory art exhibit brought to you by Illustration Age. Every Friday a new topic is posted (based on topics you suggest!) and you have one week to come up with your own, unique interpretation.  Anyone who likes to draw, paint, sculpt, doodle or color can participate in Illustration Friday."  When I saw this description I knew it was for me!  Here is a link to their site.... Illustration Friday   This gives me a great way to practice and doodle with illustrations without the pressure of an assignment or client to please:)  This first week is 

Onomatopoeia...

Onomatopoeia is when a word’s pronunciation imitates its sound.  


So here is my first submission.  It's a piece that I did about a year ago but I thought it fit for this assignment and would get me started!  I'm counting on you to keep me honest and posting weekly:)


No comments:

Post a Comment