Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stop Motion Inspiration - The Making of The Boxtrolls

I follow an artist on Tumblr whose name is Aurelie Neyret.  She has beautiful work that I love to look at and that always inspires me.  You should check out her work too, I have linked her website to her name.  

Well, the other day when I went to her Tumblr I found a link she attached that inspired her.  It was a Talks at Google event with the producers of the stop motion film The Boxtrolls.  I watched the entire 1 hour+ long talk and was truly amazed.  I have always loved animation and particularly stop motion animation....it reminds me of my youth and watching Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer:)

Watching how they developed this film, the obstacles they overcame, the rewrites and redirection, and the joy they had in pressing the bounds of what can be done in stop motion was fascinating and fun!  I thought.... I just have to share this with you all.  Put it on while you are working on something creative and feel the energy flow:)


Enjoy!




The Making of the Boxtrolls a Talks at Google production.  


No comments:

Post a Comment