Monday, July 16, 2012

Situation and Environment

Sorry I haven't been very faithful to my blog lately.  I took a painting class at the Academy this summer and I have been painting non-stop for the last 4 weeks!  I paint two to three paintings a week plus take photo references and create value sketches for each painting.  It has been a lot of work and I'm only half way through!  But I am improving:-)  That's what matters!

The professor I have this semester is a very talented artist named Warren Chang.  He is teaching me to paint figures in their environment.  Since I like to paint people most of the time this course is very appropriate for me.  Also, since I want to do picture book illustration, this course will also be helpful for  doing that artwork as well.  I have a few projects that I am proud of, even though they can be made better...so I thought I'd post them for you to see.  More will be coming very soon as I am working on one of my son right now and then after that I will be doing one of the three children together!

Enjoy these and let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment