Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Instructor

My Instructor this semester at AAU is Warren Chang.  He is a realist painter in the Fine Art department. According to his biography he started out as an illustrator and did that for many years till he found it unsatisfying doing "other people's ideas" in art.  He moved over to the fine art side and has been very happy and very successful.  I really enjoy his work and his style.

He posted in our classroom a lecture that he gave that made it to Youtube.  Since it's out in the public domain I thought I'd share it with you here in case you are interested.  He talks about his paintings and the influences that came together to inspire him to create them.  It was really fun for me to listen to how he came up with his ideas, his approach to the canvas and ultimately to see the finished work.  I hope you enjoy it to!

It is a two part video so here are both links.

Warren Chang Part 1

Warren Chang Part 2




No comments:

Post a Comment