Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hudson kicking the can

So here is the next project in my painting class.  It's a painting of my son Hudson playing kick the can down the road at our pool club.  We spend so much time at this club in the summer - swimming and playing tennis, that I wanted to capture that wonderful feeling we have when we drive down this long driveway into the club.

I'm only moderately happy with this painting.  I like the evenironment I placed him and I like how I captured the shadows of the greens on the driveway and grass.  The figure of Hudson does not capture likeness, so I know I have some work to do there.  I will get a critique from my professor and then I will make some changes and hopefully improve that part.  I'll post this for now so you have something to see then I'll repost once I have reworked:)



No comments:

Post a Comment