Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Monster in my Basement

I love this time of year - cool nights, leaves turning colors, and monsters being born! Yes, you heard me right! MONSTERS. I say monsters being born because I just finished my 5th picture book.  It's a book about a monster. I have been working on it for a year now, with the last 6 months being the painting of the artwork, so in a way you could call it a creative birth. :)


I turned the artwork over to the publisher on Monday and now I get to tell you about it. We don't have an official title for it yet, (that's the publisher's job) but it's about a 4 year old boy who discovers a hungry monster in his basement. So, I am calling it "The Monster in my Basement".




This monster is really hungry! And really big!



What should the boy do?

Maybe the monster wants some fruit or tuna fish? Chicken or a hotdog? Or ice cream in a dish? How about spaghetti or sweet potato pie?



Or just maybe... the monster wants something else? (GULP!)



If you want to find out what the monster DOES EAT you won't have to wait long! The book will officially launch fall 2020, but I will have several dozen advance copies for my collectors this holiday season! First-come-first-serve basis. Come see me at one of my holiday shows or contact me on e-mail through my website: www.heatherlynnharris.com


Fall 2019 Show Schedule


November 11 WNY Childrens Book Festival Buffalo Convention Center
November 22 - 24 Rochester Holiday Bazaar Rochester Science Museum
December 7 - 8 Roycroft Christmas Show Roycroft Campus, East Aurora, NY
December 13 - 14 WNY Book Arts Center Buffalo, NY





No comments:

Post a Comment