Monday, March 6, 2017

Chiaroscuro Portrait


One of the things I love about art is sharing it.  And one way I get to share it is with my private instruction students.  I have had about six private students over the last decade.  I will usually start working with a 12 - 14 year old student.  We will draw and paint on a weekly basis straight through till they graduate high school.  I share with them all that I know about art, and they share with me their joys, fears and dreams.  I love being with them on their path during those formative years.  


Here is my most recent student.  She is doing a self portrait drawing from a photo that we took in my studio.   Look at what a beautiful job she is doing!  I taught her the chiaroscuro method that I learned at the Academy of Art University.  She was so proud of it when she finished.  I am so lucky to be a part of watching my students become empowered by their own talents. :) 

 

Would you like to know how to do a chiaroscuro portrait?  I have lots of resources to share.  Just let me know in the comments.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment