Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Keuka Art Festival - A successful weekend

What a beautiful weekend I had at the Keuka Arts Festival in Penn Yan, NY!  Even though we had to set up in a rain storm, and we had to tear down in another rain storm that actually lead to flash flooding....during the festival itself we had beautiful sunny skies and wonderful turn out!  Check out the beautiful scenery I had all weekend!



That's my tent with the dog painting on the outside:)

I brought with me my new "The Swing" picture book, some new prints from the book and from my other picture book artwork, and some new paintings.  Here's a look...





The Swing was a big hit at the show!  Not sure if it was the candy that I lured the children in with (heeheehee) or the artwork itself!  But I was so pleased with the many parents who stopped to look at the book.  The older parents and grandparents who were familiar with the poem by Robert Louis Stevenson, enjoyed my interpretation of his words, while the younger parents who were not familiar with the poem, seemed charmed by it and my "reintroducing" the poem to a new generation of children!  They also really appreciated that I am continuing to contributing 50% of the proceeds of the sale of the book to the organization Feed My Starving Children.  It's such a great cause and I love that I can do something positive with my art.

Sales of the book were good and many people were excited to see that I am working on a new picture book as well.  They said they would come back next year to see it so count on me being at the Keuka Arts Festival next year.  I also picked up several new little fans, two of them are pictured below.  I love the little girl with her feet in the air:)  


All in all a great weekend!  Thank you Keuka Arts Festival organizers.  Can't wait for my next show!  I'll be in East Aurora at the East Aurora Art Society Fine Arts Festival on June 27 - 28, and then in Rochester at the Cornhill Arts Festival on July 11-12, 2015.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment