Monday, May 19, 2014

Book Dummy

Ok, so many of you know that I am working on a picture book as part of my studies at AAU.  I actually will illustrate three picture books in total, but only 5 fully finished illustrations from each manuscript.  One picture book, however, I have a personal soft spot for and so I decided to illustrate the whole thing!  That means I need to create a book dummy for the whole thing.  A book dummy is a value study layout of each page.  It helps you to see the flow of the book, determine she sequence of images and maintain the consistency of the characters.  I worked for most of the semester this winter/spring on creating my book dummy.  It still needs a few tweaks, but at least for now, it is in a close to finished state so I thought I would post it for you.  I'll post the whole dummy as a storyboard and then each page so you can get a feeling for how the book will flow.


Cover

Copyright and Dedication Page

Title Page

Wordless spread to establish environment










Wordless ending page


I'll post my color work next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment