Monday, January 20, 2014

Buffalo grey …….need some color!




Winter in Buffalo can be described with one word….grey!  We have had no sun and lots of snow for way too long now.  So when I got a chance to paint this weekend I just had to paint color!  Lots of it!  It was so refreshing to see the blues and reds and oranges and greens on my canvas.  My pallet was just as beautiful as it had the mixtures of all these colors.  I especially loved the permanent green light mixed with a little cadmium yellow light…such a beautiful spring color!  So for all you who also know winter to be about grey I thought I'd post my painting for you to enjoy.  This one is going front and center in the kitchen of my house so I can see it every day till the real thing arrives:)  Enjoy and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment