Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thinking of France....

I just went on to the website of the guest house that we visited every other year for a painting retreat in the South of France to find out that due to the bad economy they had to close the business and sell the house:(  I was very sad to hear this as I was thinking of France this week and dreaming of returning to that wonderful guest house.  Richard and Mary were such great hosts and the house was magical.  My favorite part of the whole experience was getting up early and working in Richard's studio, which was a converted barn.  I also enjoyed early morning walks into the town where you would discover all 500 people of the town starting out their day.  I will always hold fond memories of my times there and I am posting my latest painting, a Flower Filled French Alley, in tribute to that special place.


No comments:

Post a Comment