Monday, March 16, 2015

Friday on Elmwood


I had the coolest experience that just goes to show you why it's so important to support our local retailers....


A girlfriend and I met for coffee this past Friday.  We decided to meet at Spot Coffee on Elmwood in Buffalo, NY so we could relax and do some window shopping afterwards.  As we were walking we spied this interesting looking shop.  It is called Thin Ice and it showcases a lot of local artists work. 

Here is how they describe themselves....
We support the local arts community in Buffalo, NY and surrounding areas by selling predominately locally handcrafted jewelry, pottery, glass, metal, fiber and wood creations.  Everything is handmade in AMERICA.  

I love that statement, and there was even a kitty sitting in the sunny window so we just had to go in!


There was wonderful work and very reasonable prices for handmade one of a kind art.  They also have a little studio where they hold weekly art classes in all kinds of mediums.  I really like this store and highly recommend that you stop in and visit.  But now for the surprise...

As we were browsing we found a book section, and you know I love picture books, so I had to stop and browse....when my eyes fell upon this!  A display of books from Buffalo Heritage Unlimited including my book The Swing!  How cool is that?  I was blown away.  First of all to see my book in a store was so cool, but then to think that the owner of Thin Ice supported me as an artist.  It was humbling and wonderful at the same time.


So if you want to support your local retailers and local artists please shop Thin Ice and stores like it!  They are a real gem in our community:) 

Thank you Thin Ice for your support of me!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment